Friday, February 26, 2016

2016 Exhibition. Juror: Jackie Woods

Speaking of little beauties, I am pleased to announce the 16th Annual Buddha Abides contemporary art exhibition. It will open on Thursday, April 7th at La Casa Magazine Gallery on Canon Perdido Street from 5:00 to 8:00pm. In-gathering of art submissions will be the previous Friday, April 1st.  No joke.

(Download the application form under the headline “guidelines” on the buddhaabides.blogspot.com sidebar for details.)

Also, it gives me great pleasure to let you know that the former owner and curator of The Frameworks Gallery, where Buddha Abides first presented its show way back in 1999, Jackie Woods, will be the juror of all of the art this year.

I know Jackie to be a person with an enormous heart for art and an extraordinary artist in her own right and in many mediums. Although currently focused on photography, she has an exceptional appreciation of beauty in all its forms.

“… After selling The Frameworks and Caruso/Woods Fine Art in 2002 with my business partner Mick Caruso, I moved to Ojai and maintained a home with my twin sister and family while pursuing photography. In 2009 I was selected for residency to the WAV, Working Artist's Ventura; a state of the art mixed used development for artists with live/work lofts where I continue to pursue photography. My work, both solo and collaborative, is in several museums including The Getty Museum, The Bates Museum of Art and The Santa Barbara Museum of Art.  Presently I am creating the Universe with the raw materials of traditional photography, chemistry and light…”